Hey everyone, how's it going? It's time for this week's edition of Rental Recommendations. I just watched the 1983 Canadian film, Strange Brew, starring Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas, on DVD for the first time last night thanks to my friend, Katie, from the VHS Club Podcast, and I immediately knew I wanted it to be this week's Rental Recommendations post. The POV for this week is a video store employee recommending a movie to a customer shortly after the movie came out on home video in 1991. Yes, it took eight years for the movie to be released on home video. Let's get into it.
Goodday eh? I recommend you pick up Strange Brew starring Bob & Doug McKenzie. It's a great movie and I think you'll enjoy it. It has an interesting cast. Including Ming the Merciless and Gold Leader. It's based on an old SCTV skit. I know, it's 1991 and this came out eight years ago, but it's a great Canadian movie. I bet you're dying to see it again after all these years. If you've seen it at all.
Here in 2026, I watched it for the first time ever last night. I loved it, and I'll do a more indepth movie review on it in the near future. Right now, I just wanted to do a quick Rental Recommendations for the movie because I enjoyed it so much. So that's it for me for today. I'll be back next week with more nostalgic blog posts. Have a great weekend everyone. Peace out!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment