Hey everyone, how's it going? I'm doing pretty well for a Saturday. So you may have noticed that I put my reviews of The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin and My Pet Monster over on Josh's Geek Cave. I had planned to just return everything to that one blog and just do what I used to do on it. However, I had an idea. From now on, Josh's Geek Cave will be for talking about everything I like that came out from 2006 to now. My Nostalgia Blog will be for everything that came out before that. Today, I'm finally going to give you this blog's mission statement. So, let's get into it.
On My Nostalgia Blog, it will always be the '80s, '90s, or early 2000s. It doesn't matter what year it is in the outside world, on here it will always be 1980 something, 1990 something, or 2000 to 2005. Always. So if you feel nostalgic for those eras of entertainment media and physical media, you'll know you will always be there when you come here to read my blog posts.
I'll be covering everything from TV show premieres, CD/audiocassette releases, comic books, magazines, novels, and home video releases. For example, when I'm finished this post, I'm going to do my first post in a new series called Rental Recommendations, where every Saturday morning I will do a quick post recommending a VHS tape you might've been able to rent in the '80s, '90s, and early 2000s. This won't be a review of the media on the tape, but it will be a quick little recommendation of something to rent/watch on a Friday or Saturday night, whatever night you rented movies on.
I'm dedicating this blog to those three decades, from 1980 to 2005. However, because I like shows from earlier decades, like Star Trek and Batman, I'll be covering those shows from the perspective of watching them in reruns because that's how I watched them.
So please, come join me in the decades of the Millenial and late Gen X childhood, where we can talk about them with fondness, love, and respect. Not in ignorance of the present, but as a safe space from the horrors of the modern world, even if it's for a few hours every day. Take care.
No comments:
Post a Comment