Hey everyone, how's it going? I've got a quick Rental Recommendations for you this week on Space Jam, which hits the 30th anniversary of its original theatrical release in November. While the movie came out in theaters in 1996, it came out late enough in the year that it didn't reach home video until early 1997. In fact, it came out on VHS and DVD in March, 1997, as the Special Edition theatrical re-release of Return of the Jedi was coming out. I'm really not sure what the POV for this post is going to be, but, let's go back to 1997, go to Blockbuster or Rogers Video, and rent Space Jam, shall we?
Michael Jordan and the Looney Tunes have finally hit store shelves with their box office hit, Space Jam! That's right, Space Jam has come to home video on two different formats. And, no, it's not out on Laserdisc. The brand new DVD digital media format has just been released here in North America, and Space Jam is one of the first movies to come out on the new format. Not to worry though, videocassette is still king. So you won't have to worry about buying new equipment just to rent a movie.
Whether you rent it on videocassette or on DVD, you'll have all the laughs you've come to expect from Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd, and the rest of the Looney Tunes crew. And you'll also see some awesome Basketball action, proving that even though he's been playing Basketball for a very long time, not including the year he played Baseball, Michael Jordan still has the moves.
Here in 2026 though, I'm pretty sure that my parents rented Space Jam on VHS for us, though it's possible I saw it on TV at some point instead. I was sort of aware of who Michael Jordan was, but I didn't follow Basketball (or Baseball), so I probably knew him from TV commercials, and sports news highlights on CJOH News long before this movie came out. I own it on DVD now and I've watched it at least once. It is a good movie though.
Alright my friends, that's it for today. I'll be back next week with more nostalgic stuff. Until then have a great rest of your weekend and I will catch you on the flip side. Peace out!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment